The treatment of Alzheimer’s disease (how to treat Alzheimer’s disease?)
Alzheimer’s disease, also known as Alzheimer’s disease, is a neurodegenerative disease with hidden onset and progressive development .
Studies have shown that by 2020, the number of Alzheimer’s patients in my country is expected to reach 10.2 million, so the treatment and care of Alzheimer’s patients is very important!
What factors are likely to cause Alzheimer’s disease?
These are the main factors that induce dementia in the elderly.
1. Age factor, people over 60 years old, the prevalence rate doubles every 5 years. The prevalence of Alzheimer’s in people over 65 is 5.9%, so the older you are the more likely it is.
2. Disease factors, such as cerebrovascular disease, severe brain trauma and other diseases.
3. Social and environmental factors, running around all year round, tired, difficult life, lack of family companionship.
4. Genetic factors, the incidence of Alzheimer’s disease in the offspring of Alzheimer’s disease is much higher than that of normal people, so it is not difficult to see that the incidence of Alzheimer’s disease is also related to genetic factors related.
5. Psychological environmental factors, experienced bad things such as losing relatives, living alone all year round, and being alone.
What are the usual manifestations of dementia patients?
We usually divide Alzheimer’s patients into three categories: mild, moderate and severe, with different symptoms.
1. In the mild dementia stage, there is usually memory loss, easy to forget things and directions; poor judgment, incoherent speech, long-winded content; chaotic and unhygienic dressing; selfish and withdrawn personality , irritability, anxiety and suspiciousness, distrust of those around you, etc.
2. In the stage of moderate dementia, symptoms will aggravate and cognitive function will further decline. You may forget what you just said, and you can’t remember your job, birthday, or even the names of your loved ones; it is difficult for a person to take care of in daily life because of abnormal behavior.
3. In the stage of severe dementia, the symptoms are usually severe memory loss and unable to take care of themselves; it is easy to lose things, forget where you live, forget the names of relatives, and even acquaintances and neighbors cannot recognize them; severe language barriers , can’t even communicate with others, has a dull expression, and is easy to talk to himself; mood swings will be relatively large, sometimes indifferent and numb when angry, not interested in the original hobbies and things around, will have sleep disorders; even hallucinations , auditory hallucinations, etc.
How is dementia treated?
Currently, the better ways to treat Alzheimer’s disease are drug treatment, psychotherapy and dietary attention.
1. For patients with mild to moderate dementia, drug therapy is mainly used to improve cognitive function. Common drugs include mannan sodium capsules. Senile dementia with mental disorders can take phenothiazines and thioxanthones, or butanones, indolones and dibenzothiazines.
2. For critically ill patientsMemory and cognitive deficits or irreversible dementia for which there is currently no cure. In addition to stopping unnecessary drugs, especially sedatives and sleeping pills, correct coexisting medical and psychiatric diseases, such as heart failure, thyroid dysfunction, anemia, depression, malnutrition, infection, etc. , and if these conditions are improved, changes in behavior and function will also be significantly lessened.
3. In terms of psychotherapy, encourage the elderly to participate in social activities and increase their interest in learning, so as to dispel their bad emotions and arouse their confidence in life; family care is also very important. We should care more about the elderly and chat with them more. You can also choose some music to play for the elderly to activate their spirit and emotions. Try not to disturb the old man’s sleep, exercise more with him, and maintain a good physical and mental state.
4. In terms of diet, it is mainly to delay the pathological process of dementia and maintain the functions of various organs and tissues. Eat enough high-quality protein with high biological value every day, mainly animal-based high-quality protein. For example, patients who are mainly vegetarians can eat more soybeans and their products. The supply of fat and carbohydrates should be reduced, and animal fats should be replaced with vegetable oils such as soybean oil, corn oil, and sesame oil rich in linoleic acid. Limit cholesterol intake and increase vitamin intake. Because vitamin C and vitamin E are natural antioxidants and anti-aging protectors, B vitamins are involved in metabolism and are coenzymes for many important enzymes. There should be more supplies, which can be supplemented with fresh vegetables and fruits. In other aspects of the diet, attention should be paid to reducing sodium intake and appropriately increasing the supply of calcium, iron, zinc, etc. , Eat less and eat more meals every day, and the diet is light.
Of course, for dementia patients, companionship is better care. Understanding the elderly, caring for the elderly, warmth and companionship are the most important.