Background: In 1973, the American Psychological Association and the American Psychiatric Association removed homosexual behavior from the disease division system; on May 17, 1990, the World Health Organization officially removed “homosexuality” from the list of mental diseases; 1992 In 1997, China’s first AIDS consultation hotline was opened, and “Wen Wei Po” and other domestic and foreign media began to speak out in support of equal rights for gays and lesbians in China; The author Fang Gang’s lawsuit was dismissed, and the court rejected the statement that “homosexuality is a sexual perversion”; in 2005, people designated May 17 every year as the “International Day Against Homophobia”. This anniversary aims to call attention to all physical and mental violence and unfair treatment due to homophobia and discriminatory orientation.
It is hard to imagine that same-sex love, which was defined as “a mental illness” by the World Health Organization at that time, is now gradually being understood and accepted by society, and has become an important part of today’s diverse world.
The definition of homosexuality is “a persistent sexual, emotional, or fanciful attraction to a member of a particular sex”;
Homosexuality refers to “basic or absolute attraction to members of one’s own sex.”
Homosexuality, heterosexuality, and bisexuality are considered different forms of “sexual orientation”;
Homosexuality is just a certain kind of sexual experience and sexual behavior.
In human society, people generally regard the contact (sexual intercourse) between male and female sexual organs for the purpose of reproduction as the most reasonable and normal way of sexual behavior, while the unusual sexual behavior that deviates from each other and goes astray The way of behavior is regarded as unethical, indecent abnormal behavior, or even criminal behavior. Homosexual behavior was once considered a sex crime, such as in Kenya, where homosexuality was once defined as a criminal offense punishable by up to 14 years in prison.
In the history of China, from the emperor who was the ninth five year old to the suave genius, from the rich businessman to the villager, there are new records of the same sex everywhere. Seeing homosexuality as abnormal started with the May 4th Movement and was borrowed from Christian white culture.
In the West, the criminalization of same-sex sex dates back to the twelfth century. Condemned as a sin by the Christian Church, and defined as illegal in some European countries, including the United Kingdom. At the end of the nineteenth century, European and American countries believed that homosexuality was a medical morbidity.
Understanding and tolerance of homosexuality At present, some western countries adopt a more tolerant attitude towards homosexuality.
In several Nordic countries, such as Finland, Norway, Sweden, and the United States, there are legal provisions on gay marriage or similar marriage relationships. In addition, Germany and France have also issued relevant regulations. Generally, the regulations on the marriage of homosexuals or similar marriages have relevant protections for them in terms of legal rights and obligations, inheritance of property after death, and joint adoption of children.
The love of siam
There is still a big difference between the types of homosexuality!
1. Absolute homosexuality: As the name suggests, only have sexual desires for the same sex;
2. Bisexuality: being aroused by the same sex and the opposite sex at the same time, both the same and different genders can have sex and have orgasms;
3. Situational homosexuality: It is a homosexual behavior pattern caused by purely objective factors. Once you can get out of this environment, you will return to the original heterosexual behavior. as in prison.
About the active and passive types of homosexuality (that is, what we call offense and defense): the controlling party is called the “active type”, and the controlled party is called the “passive type”. In fact, homosexuals often switch roles between active and passive in specific sexual activities.
Sexual behaviors of homosexuals Most homosexuals have specific sexual behaviors.
There are several major manifestations among men: oral-genital contact; mutual masturbation; mutual flirting; anal intercourse, etc.
In addition to oral and genital contact and mutual masturbation among women, hugging is often adoptedcuddling, rubbing your vagina against each other, using a dildo or penis-like object.
Among homosexuals, women are relatively stable, while men are less stable.
In our country, some points to note about homosexuality. Homosexuals make good friends in private. If they do not harm the interests of third parties, most of them will not be held accountable.
However, if some criminal and civil disputes are caused by homosexual activities, the law will intervene.
In addition, the behavior of homosexuals does not conform to the mainstream culture of the society. Once it is known to the outside world, they will be discriminated against in various aspects and rejected by public opinion. Some people are deeply aware of pain, self-blame, and suicide Not uncommon.
Especially in adolescence, the pain of sexual orientation often occurs, and a decision must be made whether to continue or suppress homosexual feelings, and also face many social and psychological problems in middle-aged and old age.
yes or no
Written at the end, how does Sui Sui Nian judge homosexual orientation?
①There is a strong desire and impulse to have sexual relations with the same sex in the heart, no matter whether you have had same-sex sex before;
②When there are these same-sex sexual desires and impulses, there will be obvious physical reactions of sexual excitement;
③The individual’s sexual identity has not changed significantly (non-transgender).
A few suggestions:
1. Regarding coming out (disclosing your homosexuality to others in the society), you must be fully prepared to be hit and face it! But it’s also possible to get over it easily!
2. Formal marriage is not recommended (that is, marriage is only a formality and has no substance). Most gay men will agree with lesbians to marry formally in order to comfort their parents.
3. There is no need to worry about the children adopted by homosexuals being raised as homosexuals in the future.
I don’t look back for a long time
1. Liu Huaqing, Chen Yanfang. Research on biosocial and psychological factors of homosexuality. Chinese Sexual Science. 2008. 17(8): 38-40.
2. Li Huijing. The mental health status of homosexuals and its influencing factors. Social Psychological Science. 2010. 25(4): 464-469.
3.Sylva D, Safron A, Rosenthal A M. Neural correlates of sexualarousal in heterosexual and homosexual women and men. Horm Behav. 2013. 64(4): 673-684.
4. Valentova JV, Stulp G, Trebicky V. Preferred and actual relative height among homosexual male partners very with prefcrred dominance and sex role. PloS One. 2014. 9(1): e86534.
5.Rind B.Homosexual orientation-from nature, not ahuse: a critique of Roberts. Glymour, and Koenen 2013. Arch Sex Behav. 2013. 42(8:): 1653-1664.
6. Zhang Yanhui, Bao Yugang, Chen Hao. A study on the causes of sexual orientation among gay men. Chinese Journal of Preventive Medicine. 2013. 47(11): 1006-1009.
7. Yan Hong, Zuo Dan, Li Shiyue. Analysis of the homosexual behavior of female college students and its influencing factors. Chinese Public Health. 2008. 24(11): 1283-1284.
8. Zhang Beichuan, Hu Tiezhong, Li Xiufang. Chinese gay men’s attitudes and understanding of their own gender, sexual orientation, rare experiences and psychology in childhood and the relationship between high-risk behaviors of AIDS. Chinese STD AIDS Prevention and Treatment. 2002. 8 (2): 84-87.
9. Pogaert A F, Skorska M. Sexual orientation, fraternal birth order, and the maternal irmmunehypothesis: a review. Front Neuroendocrinol. 2011. 32(2): 247-254.
10.Bogaert A F, Liu Jian. Birth order and sexual orientation in men:evidence for two independent interactions. J Biosoc Sci. 2006. 38(6): 811-819.