Have you ever used eye drops? If not, congratulations in advance. Your eyes are well protected~Next, Wang will tell you how to use eye drops. Let me ask you a question first. How long can eye drops be used after opening? Can it be used as long as it is not expired? Since this question is asked, the answer must be no!
It is quite simple to use eye drops on Youyou. com, but not everyone uses it correctly, especially some older people, there are long misunderstandings in the use process.
Did you know? Our eyes have their own powerful barrier, which is called the blood-eye barrier in medical textbooks. Because of this barrier, the concentration of most drugs entering the eyes through the blood will be very low, and ophthalmic drugs are mainly used locally.
Use eye drops correctly
1. Before taking the medicine, look at the name of the eye drops. If it is a suspension eye drop, shake well before use. If it is ordinary eye drops, also check for deterioration or discoloration.
2. Wash your hands before dropping the medicine;
3. Lie down or sit on a chair, tilt your head back, look up, and lower your lower eyelids. Drop between the white of the eye and the lower eyelid, which is the junction of red and white. Don’t drop it on the black eyes~
4. Use 1~2 drops at a time, because we can only hold so much in our eyes, too much will flow out;
5. Close your eyes for 3 minutes after dripping, and gently press the inside with your index finger Eye corners, to avoid drug absorption into the throat and nasal mucosa.
Precautions for using eye drops
1. If you use two kinds of eye drops at the same time, be sure to keep an interval of 10 minutes.
2. The same bottle of eye drops must not be shared by two people, no matter how good the relationship is. Preventing cross-infection is really important!
3. Pay attention when instilling eye drops. The medicine should not come into contact with any part of the eye, such as eyelids, eyelashes, etc.!
4. After the eye drops are opened, the eye drops containing preservatives can be stored for up to 1 month. Preservative-free eye drops can be stored for 1 week if opened. It is not recommended to use it for an extended period of time to avoid contamination of the eye drops and damage to the eyes.
5. There are also friends who wear contact lenses. When using eye drops, they must change their contact lenses for glasses. Wearing contact lenses can not take medicine.
6.Eye drops containing preservatives must not be used for a long time! Discontinue use when eye symptoms disappear!
Classification of common eye drops:
1. Antibiotic eye drops: Commonly used for eye inflammation, such as ofloxacin eye drops, chloramphenicol eye drops, etc. , These are easy to buy in drugstores, but they should not be used indiscriminately, otherwise the eyes will have a normal bacterial ecology.
2. Hormone eye drops: are mostly used for severe inflammatory reactions, allergic inflammation, endogenous non-infectious inflammation and postoperative, such as *** sodium phosphate eye drops, Milong eye drops liquid etc. Hormone eye drops can not be used indiscriminately, must follow the doctor’s advice. Improper use may cause steroid-induced glaucoma.
3. Eye drops for visual fatigue relief:Common ingredients such as sodium hyaluronate (sodium hyaluronate), various vitamins A, B, E, taurine, borneol, mint, etc. This kind of eye drops is a mixed bag in the market. Try to choose the ones with clear and simple ingredients, and avoid long-term high-frequency use.
4. Artificial tears: Common ingredients include sodium hyaluronate (sodium hyaluronate), 100% chondroitin, methylcellulose, polyethylene glycol, etc. Some patients with severe dry eye need long-term and high-frequency use. Pay attention to the preservatives in the product, it is better to use artificial tears without preservatives in single-use packaging.
Preservative ingredients in eye drops:
There are the following ingredients, you can see if there are preservatives by reading the drug instructions:
Quarter Ammonium Salts: Benzalkonium Chloride and Benzalkonium Bromide
Hydroxyphenyl Esters: Methylparaben
Alcohols: Chlorobutanol, Phenylethyl Alcohol
Organic mercury: thimerosal, mercury nitrate, benzene, etc.
Sorbic Acid: Sodium Sorbate and Potassium Sorbate.
How Take care of our eyes:
1. Remember the eye exercises we did in elementary school? You can spare time to practice. Be sure to stick to it~
2. Overlook~ Reduce the time spent looking at mobile phones and computers for a long time, and watch from a distance regularly. For many workaholics, gamers, and drama fans, this seemingly easy task is not easy to do.
3. The third point is to eat some food that is good for the eyes from the diet. Wang only knows that carrots are good. For others, you have to consult a more professional nutritionist.
4. Some will chooseChoose eye fumigation, hot compress, etc. This Wang Yao medicine is also unprofessional. I personally think there should be some benefits, but the premise is that it is done properly.
5. The last point is to seek medical treatment in time for eye discomfort.