How do tornadoes form? (What is a tornado?)
A tornado is a kind of extremely destructive and disastrous weather. There are often phenomena such as uprooting trees, overturning vehicles, and destroying buildings.
▲The funnel tornado sweeps the house and trees▲
▲The tornado is coming▲
The tornado is divided into 0-5 levels according to the degree of damage. Enhanced Fujita series, simply put It is the EF series.
▲Tornado EF series▲
A tornado is a strong small-scale vortex of the air body, which is extremely unstable Produced by strong convection of the air body under weather conditions.
The formation of a tornado is related to the up and down airflow in a strong thunderstorm cloud. When a strong shear is formed between the updraft and the downdraft, a strong horizontal-axis vortex is formed, and the vortex turns faster and faster, forming an ascending vortex, and the vortex begins to extend downward. When the vortex reaches the ground, the air pressure on the surface will drop sharply, and the wind speed will rise, forming a complete tornado.
The center of the tornado is the downward airflow surrounded by powerful updrafts.
> > >In our daily life, what vortex phenomena have we seen during the formation of tornadoes?
▲Toilet flushing forms a vortex▲
> > If there is a tornado, how to prevent and avoid it?
Tornado is a kind of disastrous weather with strong destructive power, which often causes phenomena such as uprooting trees, overturning vehicles and destroying buildings. When we are indoors, outdoors, or driving, how should we prevent and avoid tornadoes?
You should do this in case of a tornado.
Where is the best place to avoid the tornado?
1. When you are at home, be sure to stay away from doors, windows and the outer walls of the house, and hide in the wall opposite the tornado or in a small room. The safest place to avoid a tornado is a basement or semi-basement.
2. In emergency situations such as poles falling or houses collapsing, the power supply should be cut off in time to prevent electric shock or fire.
3. When fighting a tornado in the wild, you should look for a nearby low-lying place and lie on the ground, but keep away from trees and utility poles to avoid being smashed, crushed, or electrocuted.
4. When you are driving (sitting) and encounter a tornado, don’t drive to avoid it, let alone hide in the car. Because cars have little defense against tornadoes, you should get out of your car immediately and seek refuge in a low-lying area.
How to avoid tornado at home?
1. Quickly retreat to the basement or cellar, or the room closest to the ground, and squat down with your head against the wall.
2. Quickly flee to the northeastroom, away from doors, windows and house exterior walls.
3. Wrap yourself in a thick coat or blanket if possible to protect yourself from possible loose debris.
4. It is safer to hide in a room with a small span than in a large room.